Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I need some suggestions...

...for what to do in this basement. As you'll see in the picture here, this house sits on top of a basement box. In the basement is three rooms. One of them (at the foot of the stairs from the house) is going to be a laundry room. The room at the opposite end is going to be the caretakers quarters. But for the life of me I can't figure out what to do with the middle room. In the five years since I started this project, I haven't been able to decide what to do. I'm hoping that with twelve followers of this blog, I can get some good suggestions. Help! :)

5 comments:

Alennka said...

People often put kitchens in their dollshouse basements, but you already have one of those so . . .(thinking) . . .

How about a storeroom or larder? . . . A mending room where items in need of repair are taken out of the laundry and re-stitched? . . . A workshop for woodwork or pottery or just general repairs of things around the house? . . . The crypt of a much loved family member (I wouldn't want to be the caretaker with that next door though!) . . . A scullery? . . . Armoury? . . . If the caretakers room was moved to the middle you could make the end room a 'priest hole' or other secret chamber, even a dungeon . . . An office for the housekeeper to work on the household accounts? . . .

All Things Mini said...

These are great suggestions, thank you! You definitely got the ol' brain cells moving again. ;)

Texas Belle said...

I like all Alennka's comments - very creative! I could only come up with the one thing that I'd dearly love to have but just can't find the space for - a wine room.

I was so excited to see another post from you and hope you post more often. Your house is simply inspiring!

PAKY said...

Your tuddor house is incredible!! Great work, congratulations ;)

All Things Mini said...

Thank you Texas Belle and Paky for your comments! I'll do my best to post more often. ;)